General Guidelines: Formatting the Works Cited List
- Works cited pages are double spaced. Each citation is double spaced and there is one double space be-tween entries.
- The first line of the citation starts at the left margin and continues to the end of the line. All other lines use a hanging indent, a half inch. Just hit the tab key once to create the indent.
- Arrange the works cited list alphabetically by the authors’ last names.
- Alphabetize works with no known author by their title.
- If you have more than one work by an author, list the first with a name and replace the name on re-maining ones with 3 hyphens (e.g. ---. Stem Cells: The Controversy. . .).
Full page example works cited list (pdf